Before you begin
Shop for apple monitors at Best Buy. Find low everyday prices and buy online for delivery or in-store pick-up.
Apple doesn't make a USB-C to Mini DisplayPort adapter, so you won't be able to connect a 2016 or later MacBook Pro to the Apple Cinema Display, or any other monitor that uses a Mini Display Port. Samsung helps you discover a wide range of monitors with cutting-edge technology including curved monitors, gaming monitors, UHD monitors, business monitors and more. Samsung’s LED, UHD, Full & Quad HD, Flat and Curved Monitors are designed to give. Samsung dual monitor setup with Windows or Mac They say two heads are better than one - and the same thing could be said about monitors. When you have two or more monitors hooked up to your computer, you can get more work done because multitasking will be easier. Shop the monitors section at Costco.com to browse our diverse selection of monitors from a variety of brands and in a wide range of sizes!
You can resolve many display issues by updating the software on your Apple devices, cables, and adapters. If you can see an image on your screen, check for software updates using the Mac App Store:
- Connect your external display and any Apple video cables or adapters that you use with it.
- From the Apple menu, choose App Store.
- Click the Updates button in the App Store window.
- Install any macOS or firmware updates that are listed.
If you're using a display, hub, extender, or adapter not made by Apple, check with the manufacturer for any updates that might be available.
If you're trying to connect a 4K display or Ultra HD TV with your Mac, make sure your computer meets the requirements for using these external displays.
If your software and firmware are up to date, or if you can't see the image on your screen, try the steps below for your specific issue.
If the display image is blank or unusable
Try these steps if you don't see an image on your display. These steps can also help if the image on your screen repeatedly turns on and off (flickers), if horizontal lines appear (snow), or if the image is distorted (torn or scrambled).
These steps likely won't help if the issue is only happening in one app. If you see similar issues in only one window or app, check with the app's developer for updates or more help.
Check the connections to your Mac and external displays:
- If you're using an Apple notebook, try connecting its power adapter.
- Make sure the external display's power cable is securely connected and that your display is turned on.
- If you're using a Mac Pro (Late 2013) make sure your displays are connected to the right ports.
- If you're using a display hub, switchbox, or 'KVM,' try connecting your display's video cable directly to your Mac instead.
- Disconnect the video cable where it plugs into your Mac, then plug it back in to reseat the connection.
- If you're using a video adapter, unplug the video adapter from your Mac, then plug it back in to reseat the connection.
- If you're using more than one video adapter to connect your display (the adapters are 'chained' together), try connecting the display using only one adapter if possible. Some video adapters can't be connected together. For example, a mini DisplayPort to DVI adapter can't be connected to a DVI to HDMI adapter.
- If your display has more than one video connection, see if using another connection on the display works. If possible, check to see if using a different display or a different adapter works.
- Try using a different cable that you know is in working order. Check with the display's manufacturer to make sure you're using the cable they recommend.
- Restart the Mac with the display connected.
Samsung Screen Macbook
Detect your display
If you're using an external display, sleep and wake your Mac to make it check for connected displays:
- Press the power button on your computer to put it to sleep, or choose Apple menu > Sleep.
- Wait a few moments, then press a key on your keyboard or click your mouse or trackpad to wake your Mac.
If you're using more than one display, and you can see the image on one of the displays, you can also use Displays preferences to check for connected displays.
Adjust video settings
If there's no image on your display, try adjusting your display's brightness or contrast. If there's still no image, or the image appears torn or scrambled, try selecting a different video resolution in System Preferences.
- If you're using an Apple Display, press the increase brightness key on your Apple keyboard. To adjust the brightness of a secondary display, press Control-F2.
- If you're using a display that's not made by Apple, check the documentation that came with your display to see if it includes built-in controls for adjusting its brightness or contrast.
Change your display resolution
- From the Apple menu, choose System Preferences.
- Click the Displays icon.
- Click Default for display. If you see more than one resolution listed, choose a resolution and refresh rate. If the display turns off when you change resolutions, press the escape key to undo the change.
If you can't change the resolution of your display because you can't see an image, restart your Mac in safe mode to reset the display resolution to defaults.
If starting in safe mode doesn't resolve the issue, reset your Mac's NVRAM and SMC to reset the video ports on your Mac to their defaults.
Check for third-party display software
If your display works only when your Mac is started in safe mode, and you have display-related software installed, check with the software's developer for updates, or try temporarily uninstalling it.
If an image appears fuzzy or blurry
If images or text on your display appear pixelated or blurry, check these things.
Check your display resolution
Make sure your display resolution in System Preferences is set to its default. If you're using a resolution that's scaled, the image might be magnified to fit the display. This can cause the image to look blurry in some apps.
- From the Apple menu, choose System Preferences.
- Click the Displays icon.
- Select Default for display.
If you use a monitor or an HDTV connected with an HDMI cable, you might see a difference in video quality if your display is set to television mode. Check your display for a 'monitor mode' setting to get the best video quality.
If an app you're using appears low resolution on your Retina display, check to see if an update to the app is available. Most apps have been updated to use the higher pixel densities of Retina displays.
Lower-resolution images on some web pages might also appear 'softer' when viewed on a Retina display. This is because Retina displays have a higher pixel density and not all websites use Retina-ready images.
For example, the images below look different when viewed on a Retina display, but the same on a non-Retina display. This happens because the Retina-ready image has a higher pixel density:
If you see contrast or color issues
If your entire display image seems too dark or too bright, you can adjust the brightness and contrast from the Displays pane of System Preferences, or by using your display's built-in controls.
Adjust brightness and contrast
To adjust the brightness of your Apple display, press the brightness key or F2 key on your keyboard. You can also use the brightness adjustment for each connected display in System Preferences > Displays.
Displays not made by Apple sometimes have brightness and color adjustments built into the display. Check the documentation for your display to see if it includes built-in controls.
When you connect a display, projector, or HDTV using an HDMI cable, you might see a difference in video quality if your display is set to television mode. Check your device for a 'monitor mode' setting to achieve the best video quality.
You can also calibrate each display from the Color tab of Displays preferences to get the best color and brightness from your display.
If you see bright or dark pixels
If individual pixels on your display seem too bright or too dark, see these articles for more help:
Connecting displays with Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C)
The Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter connects Mac models with Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports to older devices that use Thunderbolt (10Gbps) or Thunderbolt 2 (20Gbps). For example, this is the adapter that you should use to connect your MacBook Pro to an Apple Thunderbolt Display or a third-party Thunderbolt 2 storage device.
This adapter doesn't support connections to Mini DisplayPort displays, including the following Apple adapters and displays:
- Apple Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter
- Apple Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter
- Apple Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
- Apple LED Cinema Display
If you're using the Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter to connect to a compatible display and the display doesn't show an image, try unplugging the adapter and plugging it back in.
Get more help
If you've tried these steps and your display still isn't working, contact Apple Support to get more help.
Diagnostic fees may apply for issues not covered under warranty or the AppleCare Protection Plan (APP).
Now the diversified shapes and functions of the monitor attract more users. For example, having a Samsung curved monitor is a wonderful thing. However, do you need to install drivers for your Samsung monitor? If so, just go on.
Monitors For Mac Pro
Does you Samsung Monitor Need Drivers?
Generally speaking, the monitor does not require a driver. If you use general Samsung LED Monitors, LCD monitors, and curved monitors, they are in support of plug and play. However, some monitors with advanced performance, such as Samsung 3D monitors or EIZO professional monitors, require drivers to run smoothly.
Another question that confuses many people is why there is a CD when buying a monitor and What this CD is designed for.
If you read the instruction manual of the monitor carefully, you will find that even if you do not install the driver, the monitor can be used normally. The driver on the CD-ROM allows you to enjoy functions like color profiles, power management, and split-screen functions, and so on.
Related: How to Download Samsung USB Drivers on Windows 10, 8, 7
How Do I Install the Samsung Monitor Drivers on Windows 10, 8, 7?
If you are using the Samsung curved monitors, gaming monitors, or USB monitors, you do not need to know how to check if there is a driver for it, just follow next three methods.
Method 1: Download Samsung Monitor Drivers Automatically
The method of automatically updating the driver is actually very effective when you try to download the Samsung monitor driver. For some old non-pluggable Samsung monitors or some Samsung monitors whose drivers cannot be found on the official website, such as Samsung s24c450, Samsung Syncmaster s24b300, etc., automatically updating is easier.
Driver Booster is an easy-to-use automatic driver updating tool. With this tool, you don’t have to check if the computer is missing a certain driver, or if a certain driver is outdated, missing or even corrupted. Driver Booster can work for you automatically.
1. Download, install, and run Driver Booster on Windows 10.
2. Click Scan. Driver Booster will start to scan all your computer hardware including the Samsung products such as Samsung printers, Samsung monitors, etc.
3. In the scanning results, find the Samsung monitor such as Samsung s24c450, and then Update. You should wait for some seconds when the Samsung s24c450 driver is downloaded and updated automatically.
Method 2: Download Samsung Monitor Drivers Manually
Even though some monitors do not need drivers, Samsung’s official website still provides drivers for some special monitors for better performance of the monitors. Therefore, for download Samsung monitor drivers manually, follow the next steps.
1. Go to Samsung Download Center.
2. Select your product type: Computing >Monitors > Your Monitor Device such as LED Monitors.
3. Choose your LED Monitor Type. Here provide two methods to select the LED Monitor type. And take Samsung s27d360 as an example.
4. Drop down Samsung LED Monitor D360 series, find the Drivers option and click Download. The Samsung S27d360 driver package file is S24D360HL.exe.
5. Double click the S24D360HL.exe to install Samsung S27d360 driver on Windows 10, 8, 7.
Method 3: Update Samsung Monitor Drivers in Device Manager
Of course, you can use Device Manager to uninstall, update, and roll back drivers. So if your computer uses a Samsung monitor, you can also update its driver with Device Manager.
1. Open Device Manager.
2. Expand Monitors, and right click Samsung Monitor to Update driver.
3. Click Search automatically for the updated software, so Windows will search the latest Samsung drivers for your Samsung monitor.
After the Samsung monitor driver installation is complete, you can adjust and configure your monitor at will.
How to Download Samsung Monitor Drivers for Mac?
Similarly, on a MacBook or MacPro, there is no need to install drivers for Samsung monitors such as SyncMaster 2333SW or other Samsung monitors in other models. What you should do is to connect your Samsung monitor to the Mac in the correct way.